Friday, March 20, 2009

Chris and Ellie Quick Photoshoot

Today I hung out with my best friend Chris and his girlfriend Ellie. We hung out for a couple of hours, and also asked if I could take photos of him. I agreed but only at sunset cause I wanted to practice more at sunset. After playing Resident Evil 5, we totally missed the sunset and had literally 5 mins left. I did what I can and this is what came up. (Thanks Ellie for being patient with us playing video games with you lol, it was Chris' fault!)






-Note about #5, I lost a lot of detail on Chris' jacket because I didn't have a second strobe. I used the on camera flash at a very low power to prevent shadows. The rest I fixed the exposure on Chris in photoshop.

Things I Learned
- Go earlier if you want sunset pics lol. (duh!)
- Need more strobes to properly light photos.
- Figuring out poses for the models are hard.
- Tree's are annoying and get in your way.
- Making the eyes 'pop' using Photoshop is harder than I thought

2 comments:

sakaigirl said...

What?! Play Resident Evil? I play Maple..muahaha.. I know, its childish. Practice makes perfect! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Instead of using another flash to light up different parts of the frame you can try slowing down the shutter speed to let in even more light.